Terms & Conditions
This page details the terms and conditions for the Free Five Year Warranty (1), current promotions (2) and the E-Commerce (3).
1 – Free Five Year Warranty
The policy meets all costs incurred as a result of a claim due to mechanical, electrical or electronic breakdown subject to a limit of the original purchase price of the product. If the product develops a mechanical, electrical or electronic fault outside of the manufacturers guarantee period, we will repair the product. The first 12 months of this policy is covered by the manufacturer and, in the event of a fault, you should contact the retail store you purchased the product from. The product must be registered with Linsar within 28 days of the purchase date.
The product will be warranted to its original purchaser for 5 (five) years from the date of purchase with the exception of the DVD drive which will be warranted for 2 (two) years from the date of purchase.
What is covered?
- All mechanical, electrical and electronic components of the product that were the manufacturers’ original fitment.
What is not covered?
- Theft, accidental or deliberate damage, misuse, neglect or consequential loss
- Failure or damage as a result of fire, lightning, explosion, flood, rust, corrosion, dampness, radioactivity or sonic boom
- Wear and tear or gradually developing defects, cracks, flaws, fractures or faults not affecting the operational function of the product
- Failure as a result of operational error or incorrect or faulty installation
- Products used outside their design performance specifications or manufacturers tolerances.
- Pixel failure that falls within the manufacturers specifications
- Degradation due to heat, humidity, vibration or “burn-in”
- Cosmetic items such as cabinet trims, scratches etc
- Consumable items requiring routine replacements such as batteries, lamps, remote controls etc
- Use of non-approved accessories or failure to observe the manufacturers instructions.
- Any cost arising from the change from analogue to digital broadcasting including faults due to poor signal or the termination of analogue transmission of any type
- Any repair, modification, disassembly or parts replacement completed without the prior authority of Linsar UK Ltd
- Costs where no breakdown has been found.
- Costs incurred that are recoverable under any other insurance policy.
- Routine maintenance, service or manufacturer recall
- All shipping charges incurred in the collection from and redelivery to the customer
- Software updates are not considered to be faults or faulty components. This simple procedure can be performed by the end customer using a USB stick, any products that can be cured by a software update or are no fault found will be returned.
- Products used in a commercial environment
- Appliances located outside the mainland UK and Channel Islands.
- Transit packaging if required for return
- Damage in transit due to inadequate packaging
- The customer MUST register their product with Linsar to obtain the guarantee
- This policy is not transferable and applies to the original purchaser only
- Both proof of original purchase and warranty certificate will be required in the event of a claim
- The customer shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that the property is operated and serviced in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommendations.
The policy is offered on a return to base basis. This means your TV will need to be returned to our approved engineers for inspection.
We advise that customers keep hold of the original packaging and carton box. If transit packaging is required please contact us, a fee will be charged prior to collection to cover the associated costs
Before making a claim, please check the power plug, fuse, leads connections and manufacturers instructions. These will normally contain a troubleshooting or faultfinding guide. If the product still fails to function telephone 01926 818231 to report the breakdown we will aim to deal with your claim as swiftly as possible.
When making a claim, please ensure that you have your proof of purchase and the guarantee document to hand.
2 – Promotions
Roku promotion X24-DVD
- Period – 2nd February – 31st July 2016
- Eligible models – X24-DVD (bought NEW)
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery
- The customer must tick the box on the registration form to receive the Roku streaming stick
- The promotion applies to televisions bought by consumers for Domestic use only, televisions bought for use within a Commercial environment or as a rental are not eligible.
3 – E-Commerce
This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Website and Linsar UK Ltd, the owner(s) of this Website. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending a dispatch email to you indicating that your order has been fulfilled and is on its way to you.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Paid Content and / or any communications System on the Website;
“Carrier” means any third party responsible for transporting purchased Goods from our Premises to customers;
“Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
“Goods” means any products that Linsar UK Ltd advertises and / or makes available for sale through this Website;
“Linsar” means Linsar UK Ltd Unit S, The Fulcrum Centre, Vantage Way, Mannings Heath Road, Poole, Dorset, BH12 4NU;
“Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Linsar UK Ltd makes available through the Website either now or in the future
“Payment Information” means any details required for the purchase of Goods from this Website. This includes, but is not limited to, credit / debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes;
“Purchase Information” means collectively any orders, invoices, dispatch notes, receipts or similar that may be in hard copy or electronic form;
“Premises” means our place(s) of business located at Unit S, The Fulcrum Centre;
“System” means any online communications infrastructure that Linsar UK Ltd makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
“User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Linsar UK Ltd and acting in the course of their employment; and
“Website” means the website that you are currently using (http://www.linsar.com) and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
1. Age Restrictions
Persons under the age of 18 should use this Website only with the supervision of an Adult. Payment Information must be provided by or with the permission of an Adult.
1. International Customers
If Goods are being ordered from outside Linsar’s country of residence, import duties and taxes may be incurred once your Goods reach their destination. Linsar is not responsible for these charges and we undertake to make no calculations or estimates in this regard. If you are buying internationally, you are advised to contact your local customs authorities for further details on costs and procedures. As the purchaser of the Goods, you will also be the importer of record and as such should ensure that your purchase is in full compliance with the laws of the country into which the Goods are being imported. Please be aware that Goods may be inspected on arrival at port for customs purposes and Linsar cannot guarantee that the packaging of your Goods will be free of signs of tampering.
1. Intellectual Property
- Subject to the exceptions in Clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Linsar, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
- Subject to Clause 7 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by Linsar.
- Third Party Intellectual Property
- Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- Subject to Clause 7 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
- Fair Use of Intellectual Property
Material from the Website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
1. Links to Other Websites
This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Linsar or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
1. Links to this Website
Those wishing to place a link to this Website on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site http://www.linsar.com without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of Linsar. To find out more please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Use of Communications Facilities
- When using the enquiry form or any other System on the Website you should do so in accordance with the following rules:
- You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- It is advised that submissions are made using the English language(s) as we may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws;
- You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of Linsar or our affiliates; and
- You must not use our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
2. You acknowledge that Linsar reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
3. You acknowledge that Linsar may retain copies of any and all communications made to us or using our System.
4. You acknowledge that any information you send to us through our System or post on the enquiry form may be modified by us in any way and you hereby waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon our use of such information must be communicated to us in advance and we reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
5. Termination and Cancellation:
- Linsar reserves the right to cancel purchases without stating reasons, for any reason prior to processing payment and dispatch.
- If purchases are cancelled for any reason prior to dispatch you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
6. Goods, Pricing and Availability:
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations and descriptions of Goods available from Linsar correspond to the actual Goods, Linsar is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct Goods, not different Goods altogether. Please refer to Clause 13.1 for incorrect Goods.
- Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required [size] [model] [colour] [number] [other features] of the Goods that you are purchasing.
- Linsar does not represent or warrant that such Goods will be available. Stock indications are not provided on the Website.
- All pricing information on the Website is correct at the time of going online. Linsar reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary. All pricing information is reviewed and updated every month.
- In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Goods and Linsar processing that order and taking payment, you will be contacted prior to your order being processed with details of the new price;
- All prices on the Website do include VAT. Linsar’s VAT number is 879 3000 12.
- Linsar will notify you by way of email when your goods are to be dispatched to you. The message will contain details of estimated delivery times in addition to any reasons for a delay in the delivery of the Goods purchased by you.
- After payment is successfully received we aim to despatch products within 1 working day, if, for any reason, it will be any longer than this we will contact you via email.
- If Linsar receives no communication from you, within 7 days of delivery, regarding any problems with the Goods, you are deemed to have received the Goods in full working order and with no problems.
8. Returns Policy
Linsar aims to always provide high quality Goods that are fault free and undamaged. On occasion however, goods may need to be returned. Returns are governed by these Terms and Conditions.
- If you receive Goods which do not match those that you ordered, unless accompanied by an explanatory note detailing the changes, stating reasons for the changes and setting out your options, you should contact us within 10 days to arrange collection and return. Linsar is responsible for paying shipment costs. You will be given the option to have the Goods replaced with those ordered (if available) or to be refunded through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods. Refunds and replacements will be issued upon our receipt of the returned Goods.
- If any Goods you have purchased have faults when they are delivered to you, you should contact Linsar within 28 days to arrange collection and return. Linsar is responsible for paying shipment costs. Goods must be returned in their original condition with all packaging and documentation. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods.
- If any Goods develop faults within their warranty period, you are entitled to a repair or replacement under the terms of that warranty.
- If Goods are damaged in transit and the damage is apparent on delivery, you should sign the delivery note to the effect that the goods have been damaged. In any event, you should report such damage to Linsar within 10 days and arrange collection and return. Linsar is responsible for paying shipment costs. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods.
- You have a statutory right to a “cooling off” period. This period begins once your order is complete and ends 7 working days after the Goods have been delivered. If you change your mind about the goods within this period, please return them to Linsar within 7 working days of receipt. We are responsible for paying shipment costs if Goods are returned for this reason.
- If you wish to return Goods to Linsar for any of the above reasons, please contact us using the details on http://www.linsar.com/contact/ to make the appropriate arrangements.
- Linsar reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to any returns under these Terms and Conditions. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include, but are not limited to:
- Any use or enjoyment that you may have already had out of the Goods;
- Any characteristics of the Goods, which may cause them to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- The fact that the Goods consist of audio or video recordings or computer software and that the packaging has been opened;
- Any discounts that may have formed part of the purchase price of the Goods to reflect any lack of quality made known to the Customer at the time of purchase.
Such discretion to be exercised only within the confines of the law.
1. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
2. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
3. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Linsar makes no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Services.
- No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- Whilst Linsar uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, all Users are advised to take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
2. Changes to the Service and these Terms and Conditions
Linsar reserves the right to change the Website, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Website following the changes. If Linsar is required to make any changes to Terms and Conditions relating to sale of Goods by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
1. Availability of the Website
- The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- Linsar accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
2. Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Linsar accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Website and its Content at their own risk.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Linsar’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of Linsar.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Linsar’s liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect delivery of Goods or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Website.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these Terms and Conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
3. No Waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
1. Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
1. Third Party Rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and Linsar.
- All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see address above) or by email to email@example.com. Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the next working day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the second next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- Linsar may from time to time send you information about our products and/or services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please click unsubscribe on any communications sent.
2. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and Linsar shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and Linsar and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.