Each stage of watching TV with your Mum…
19 Jan 16
1. YOUR MUM WALKS IN AND SAYS “OOH WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?”
Just as it’s started or worse, it’s getting to an awesomely tense moment!
2. YOU MOVE UP AND LET HER SIT ON THE SOFA
And at this point you just mention that she probably won’t like it…
3. SHE STAYS AND PROMISES THAT SHE WON’T TALK…
But she does!
4. YOUR MUM THEN ASKS A LOT OF QUESTIONS
Who’s that? What are they doing? Why are they kissing? Wait isn’t he with the other girl? OOOOOO
5. YOU DO A SPEEDY, INCOMPREHENSIBLE EXPLANATION OF THE PLOT
This isn’t going well, you try to give a quick low down of the first 4 series in about 5 seconds
6. BUT INEVITABLY MORE QUESTIONS FOLLOW
I’ve seen him in something before… I’m sure his name is James (definitely isn’t James…)
7. BUT IN THE END YOU JUST LET IT GO
As you have it recorded anyway and can re-watch it later. Alone. Also you make a mental note to sit and watch your Mum’s soaps (of which you know nothing about!) with her next week… 🙂